Database Administrator (full time)
The Orphan Outreach (OO) Donor Database Administrator (DBA) is an integral part of the Orphan Outreach team supporting all departments in maintaining data integrity. An effective Donor Database Administrator will manage all processes related to capturing, inputting, organizing, and reporting donor information in the Raiser's Edge Donor Database. The DBA will ensure that all processes are optimized in order to achieve OO’s strategic goals and assist in building stronger donor relationships. A high degree of efficiency, problem-solving skills, and organization are necessary for the success of this position. In addition, the DBA should be a forward-thinker, effectively implementing strategies and processes that will contribute to the overall success of the Advancement Team.
Maintain Donor Database Integrity and Accuracy
- Manage all processes related to donor records, including capturing, inputting, organizing and reporting donor constituent information
- Develop policies for entering records and manage the processes and procedures that ensure the accuracy and consistency of all donor records
- Assist support staff in regards to data entry into the Raiser’s Edge database as needed
- Master the Luminate/Omatic data sync and run this process daily, troubleshooting any exceptions that arise during the syncing process
- Maintain a general understanding of how to process gift entries as well as recurring gifts, planned gifts, pledges and pledge payments in accordance with IRS standards and OO’s gift acceptance policy.
- Ensure thank-you letters are mailed each month
- Ensure that Orphan Outreach operates as efficiently as possible while maintaining a high level of donor care.
Reporting and Analysis to measure operational productivity and campaign performance:
Perform analysis of data to support enhanced fundraising, marketing and financial reporting
- Ability to use appropriate tools to provide analysis: SQL tools, MS Excel and CRM Reporting
- Ability to identify key donor trends within the database (increasing donations, lapsing donors, donor retention, etc)
- Ability to analyze marketing campaigns and provide segmentation for improved performance
Ensure protocols are in place to track and measure all OO Initiatives
- Meet with departments to effectively implement protocols and tracking and produce reporting on outcomes
Data Output, Mailing Lists and Direct Mail Coordination
- Design and implement database queries in response to requests for information providing timely and accurate records, reports and lists
- Create mailing lists
Technology Support and Training
- Assist in providing tech support, documentation, training and/or re-training for current and new OO staff and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the Raiser’s Edge Donor Database
- Assist in Identifying and implementing business process improvements – recommend system enhancements and processes to improve efficiencies and best practices through automated routines and queries to perform tasks.
- Assist in researching available technologies on an ongoing basis and make recommendations regarding which technologies could benefit Orphan Outreach
- Be an advocate for new and improved automated processes and implementing the best solutions throughout Orphan Outreach
- Maintain Computer inventory.
- Assist with management of IT Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
NOTE: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be a committed Christian; adhere to Christian principles and values.
- Requires in-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge. Bachelor's degree required.
- Must be familiar with constituent relationship management (CRM) system; Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and resolve issues/problems
- Must be able to think big picture as well as granularly
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, particularly in translating high-level/technical information to diverse audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface with all types of personalities and communication styles
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data
- Available for occasional night and weekend events
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Advanced working knowledge of Mac Environment
- Must speak, read and write English proficiently.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and a completed application form to the Human Resources Manager at:
ORPHAN OUTREACH ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
2001 West Plano Parkway, Suite 3700 Plano, Texas 75075 or by fax to (972) 941-4434 or via email to
Thank you for your interest in Orphan Outreach. If you meet the qualifications for an available position and would like to be part of the ministry at Orphan Outreach, please download the application file and send the completed application to the address shown in the instructions included with the position description.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT:
- The application is completed and signed; and
- You specify in your application the job title and salary range for the position of interest.