Adoption Grant Coordinator (Part-Time)
The Adoption Grant Coordinator will process all Joseph's DreamCoat (JDC) adoption grant applications and present completed applications to the JDC Advisory Board for review. The Adoption Grant Coordinator will serve as a liaison between applicants and Orphan Outreach.
NOTE: Some descriptions may have more specific duties and/or goals and objectives attached to this form. Such attachments normally reflect unique aspects of specific locations, shifts, departments, etc.
- Understand fully the Joseph’s DreamCoat (JDC)/ JDC Kenya/Orphan Outreach (OO) financial assistance process, and be able to confidently impart the same internally and externally.
- Shepherd applications through the approved JDC/OO process towards preset timelines.
- Provide guidance in helping Pastors through the Pastoral Interview part of the application.
- Assist in communicating the information needed for and from other references.
- Confirm receipt of all completed JDC/OO financial adoption assistance applications. Keeping track of each application status as they move towards receipt of the grant.
- Email applicants and/or agencies to clarify information provided or to gain additional information, as required.
- Update the Advisory Board on the number of applicants in each stage of the process. Present completed applications to the Advisory Board members for review.
- Keep track and summary of the financials including number of grants, number of families, and the general impact of both JDC Kenya and JDC U.S.
- Assist the Advisory Board in communicating or following up with any formal grant.
- Keep marketing team updated with success stories of completed adoptions both in U.S. and JDC Kenya.
- Participate in adoption events, CAFO, and other opportunities for church engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
NOTE: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be a committed Christian; adhere to Christian principles and values.
- Requires in-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge. Bachelor's degree required.
- Must speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Must have experience with and be proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel. Additionally, must be comfortable using other technology including Dropbox and Slack.
- Requires ability to successfully work with churches.
- Requires ability to speak clearly and be understood in face-to-face interactions; to articulate with accuracy while speaking on the phone.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, return phone calls and communicate in situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with staff, applicants and outside agencies/organizations.
- Requires ability to work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change; ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing and speak in front of groups.
- Requires ability to work under minimal supervision; must be self-motivated and able to motivate others; ability to exercise excellent professional judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Requires ability to organize complex tasks and plans and to be detail oriented; effective ability to create plans.
- Must exhibit self-confident behaviors, secure with self and willing to give credit to others.
- The application is completed and signed; and
- You specify in your application the job title and salary range for the position of interest.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and a completed application form to the Human Resources Manager at:
ORPHAN OUTREACH ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
2001 West Plano Parkway, Suite 3700 Plano, Texas 75075 or by fax to (972) 941-4434 or via email to
Thank you for your interest in Orphan Outreach. If you meet the qualifications for an available position and would like to be part of the ministry at Orphan Outreach, please download the application file and send the completed application to the address shown in the instructions included with the position description.