Attire and Dress Code Policy
All attire will be conducive to the overall goals and philosophies of Orphan Outreach and will be conservative in all respects during the mission trip. Below are some suggestions on clothing to wear.
- Khakis, jeans, capris, scrubs, long skirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. Bring different layers.
- Items that can be worn a long time, easy care, clothes that don't need ironing are best.
- Work clothes- you may be working on small construction projects (i.e., painting)
- Light jacket, raincoat, or umbrella
- Sturdy, comfortable walking shoes, tennis shoes, sandals, flip-flops. Tennis shoes are probably best overall as it can be muddy in the streets.
- Pack at least one change of clothing and light jacket or sweatshirt in carry-on luggage.
- Wear comfortable, lightweight clothes for travel days.
- Don't have overly blatant American graphics on your clothes (i.e. American flag, American celebrities, etc.)
- Dress conservatively so as not to draw attention to yourself. Keep in mind the way you dress represents who you are, Orphan Outreach, the U.S., and Jesus Christ.
- No shorts or skirts above the knee at all for anyone. Shorts that are knee-length or longer are fine, like long basketball shorts or Capri pants.
- No spaghetti straps, tank tops, sleeveless shirts, low-cut or revealing tops. Shoulders must be covered.
- No shirts that are tight or showing the midriff.
- All piercings (except earrings) must be removed, tongue included. If you wear earrings, keep them simple and small.
- If someone has a tattoo it needs to be covered up as best as possible. (They arrest people in Honduras with tattoos because they represent gang affiliation.)
- Tights and leggings should not be worn without a long top or shorts to cover. Please be mindful of the children we serve and how most are not allowed to wear tight pants.
- Trip leader will address any trip participants who are not dressed appropriately, asking them to change if necessary.
- Trip leader and team are expected to pack their Orphan Outreach t-shirt and all wear one day on the trip for a team photo.