SPONSORSHIP ASSISTANT (full time)
Orphan Outreach is seeking an individual to provide administrative support to the Sponsorship Team. Basic responsibilities include entering and updating sponsorship profiles, as well as assisting the sponsorship coordinators with various tasks and duties. This individual will also provide temporary support to our Missions team by assisting with the preparation and organization of mission trips as we re-engage our mission trips in 2022.
Sponsorship Support (60%)
- Support the overall sponsorship process.
- Write, edit, organize and maintain new and current sponsorship profiles under the supervision of the Sponsorship Coordinator.
- Enter and Update new and current sponsorships in the Orphan Outreach Admin system.
- Assist the Sponsorship Coordinators in managing and fulfilling the sponsorship letter writing process.
- Assist the Sponsorship Coordinator in managing new, current, lapsing and canceled sponsorships.
- Provide clear communication to sponsors, either verbally or written, regarding the status of their sponsored child.
- Assist with the communication process between sponsors and the child they sponsor.
Missions Support (40%)
- Support the overall trip planning process and handle the administrative details for upcoming mission trips.
- Manage the online Missions Admin database and coordinate maintenance of trip participant accounts with Raiser’s Edge database coordinator.
- Arrange mission trip air travel and visas for trip participants and mission teams.
- Maintain digital paperwork to create travel documents for trip leaders and teams.
- Communicate with trip participants and mission interests.
- Assist with humanitarian aid and other missions functions at Orphan Outreach office.
- Assist department staff in meeting deadlines for various tasks and projects as required.
- Participate in staff meetings, church events, Christian Radio campaigns and other opportunities for sponsorship promotion.
- This position may require both domestic and international travel.
- Coordinate travel logistics for executive leadership team, international teams and partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned to enhance the ministry of Orphan Outreach.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
NOTE: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be a committed Christian; adhere to Christian principles and values, both personally and professionally.
- Must speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Requires ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing and be understood in face-to-face interactions; to speak in front of groups; and to articulate with accuracy while speaking on the phone.
- Requires ability to carry out detailed oral and written instructions, answer phones, return phone calls and communicate in situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to organize complex tasks and plans and to be detail oriented; effective ability to create plans.
- Requires ability to have strong interpersonal skills; establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with staff, applicants, churches and outside agencies/organizations.
- Requires ability to work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change. ·Requires ability to work under minimal supervision; must be self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Requires ability to exercise excellent professional judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Must exhibit self-confident behaviors, secure with self and willing to give credit to others.
- Experience in overseas travel and has an understanding of the details and logistics involved in international travel.
- Requires high level of proficiency with personal computers (Mac preferred) and Microsoft Office applications.
- The application is completed and signed; and
- You specify in your application the job title and salary range for the position of interest.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and a completed application form to the Human Resources Manager at:
ORPHAN OUTREACH ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
2001 West Plano Parkway, Suite 3700 Plano, Texas 75075 or by fax to (972) 941-4434 or via email to
Thank you for your interest in Orphan Outreach. If you meet the qualifications for an available position and would like to be part of the ministry at Orphan Outreach, please download the application file and send the completed application to the address shown in the instructions included with the position description.