DIGITAL Marketing COORDINATOR (30 hours)
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is responsible for sharing the story of Orphan Outreach on all digital platforms. Their primary responsibilities will include growing Orphan Outreach’s presence on social media as well as sharing our message through email campaigns, on our Orphan Outreach website, and throughout our Orphan Outreach Marketplace site.
NOTE: Some descriptions may have more specific duties and/or goals and objectives attached to this form. Such attachments normally reflect unique aspects of specific locations, shifts, departments, etc.
Social Media (60%)
The Digital Media Coordinator will be responsible for creating and implementing the social media strategy, interacting with users and responding to social media messages, inquires, and comments. They will manage the production of social media graphics, schedule all posts, and buy ads to promote Orphan Outreach and the Orphan Outreach Marketplace throughout social media.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and Orphan Outreach Marketplace team to create and execute a strong social media strategy for both Orphan Outreach and Orphan Outreach Marketplace.
- Create a social media calendar for Orphan Outreach and Orphan Outreach Marketplace.
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and evaluate social media campaigns using analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Working with the Engagement Manager and VP of Marketing, develop a strategic plan for purchasing ads through Social Media that align with overall brand strategies and goals for both Orphan Outreach and Orphan Outreach Marketplace; effectively buy social media ads, as well as to measure and report on the effectiveness of the ad purchases.
- Develop, curate, produce, and schedule engaging content for social media, including use of still images and captions, produced video and live formats (both story and interview-driven)
- Attend special events and produce timely, live social media content.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends and test the effectiveness of new social media platforms for Orphan Outreach and Orphan Outreach Marketplace.
Email Marketing Campaigns (20%)
- Create email marketing campaigns and strategies to include Facebook ads, donation pages, and other digital content needed for successful campaigns.
- Work with the various departments to create and monitor email workflows and “welcome series”
- Track the effectiveness of email campaigns, individual messages, and A/B Testing through advanced analytics
Web and Digital Content (20%)
- Write and/or curate content for Orphan Outreach and Orphan Outreach Marketplace email campaigns, web pages, and assist in building and linking new donation pages to the Orphan Outreach website.
- Maintain the Orphan Outreach website by reviewing, updating and writing, and/or curating new content for the website on a regular basis.
- Manage the Non-profit Megaphone and Google Ad grant relationship to improve website content and build new pages based on recommended google ad content.
- Assist the Engagement Manager and the VP of Marketing in creating assets for digital marketing packages to share with partnering churches, radio stations, and donors to share the Orphan Outreach story.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining digital assets as needed.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
NOTE: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be a committed Christian; adhere to Christian principles and values.
- Requires in-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge. Bachelor’s Degree required (Marketing or Communications preferred)
- Strong Interest in social media and digital media
- Knowledge of established & emerging social platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
- Some knowledge of in-platform programmatic buying, audience creation, campaign management and in-platform optimization techniques
- Some familiarity with HTML and CSS recommended
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Solutions orientated with strong critical thinking skill
- Strong analytical thinking and comfortable with analysis and data
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface with all types of personalities and communication styles
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Available for occasional night and weekend events
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products in a Mac environment
- Able to use and learn new technologies
- Able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships within all levels of the organization
- The application is completed and signed; and
- You specify in your application the job title and salary range for the position of interest.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and a completed application form to the Human Resources Manager at:
ORPHAN OUTREACH ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
2001 West Plano Parkway, Suite 3700 Plano, Texas 75075 or by fax to (972) 941-4434 or via email to
Thank you for your interest in Orphan Outreach. If you meet the qualifications for an available position and would like to be part of the ministry at Orphan Outreach, please download the application file and send the completed application to the address shown in the instructions included with the position description.