SPONSORSHIP COORDINATOR (full time)
To coordinate all functions of the Child Sponsorship program. Basic responsibilities include maintaining child profiles, communication with child sponsors, management of communications between sponsors and children in the program, and sponsorship accounting and reporting.
NOTE: Some descriptions may have more specific duties and/or goals and objectives attached to this form. Such attachments normally reflect unique aspects of specific locations, shifts, departments, etc.
- Organize, prepare and maintain new and updated child profiles and photos through the Orphan Outreach sponsorship database.
- Manage new, current, lapsing and canceled sponsorships; manage sponsorship status through coordination of financial and sponsorship database systems.
- Manage the transitioning and exiting of children within the sponsorship program by working with sponsorship coordinators at ministry programs internationally.
- Coordination and communication with staff regarding program updates and child updates.
- Manage and monitor communication between sponsor and child through letter distribution.
- Manage periodic updates (generally twice per year) to sponsors regarding their child, including special mailings of personalized notes and other items from the children to sponsors.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Provide clear communication to sponsors, either verbally or written, regarding the status of their sponsored child. Answer questions and provide information about specific children as needed.
- Track and maintain donor communication for all sponsors in the Orphan Outreach donor database and admin database.
- Participate in church events, Christian radio campaigns, and other opportunities for sponsorship promotion.
- This position may require both domestic and international travel.
- Other duties as assigned in order to enhance the ministry of Orphan Outreach.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
NOTE: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be a committed Christian; adhere to Christian principles and values.
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have experience with and be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to follow detailed oral and written instructions.
- Must have effective organizational skills.
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop and Dropbox a plus.
- Requires ability to work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change.
- Requires resourcefulness in setting priorities and proposing new ways of creating efficiencies.
- Must be technologically savvy, with an ability to work with IT to implement new processes and systems that increase efficiency.
- Must be flexible, a self-starter, and able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Must speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Requires ability to speak clearly and make self understood in face-to-face interactions; to articulate with accuracy while speaking on the phone.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, and communicate in situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to work under minimal supervision; must be self-motivated and able to motivate others; ability to exercise excellent professional judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- The application is completed and signed; and
- You specify in your application the job title and salary range for the position of interest.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and a completed application form to the Human Resources Manager at:
ORPHAN OUTREACH ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
2001 West Plano Parkway, Suite 3700 Plano, Texas 75075 or by fax to (972) 941-4434 or via email to
Thank you for your interest in Orphan Outreach. If you meet the qualifications for an available position and would like to be part of the ministry at Orphan Outreach, please download the application file and send the completed application to the address shown in the instructions included with the position description.