Development and Special Events Assistant (full time)
Orphan Outreach is looking for an organized, driven, and enthusiastic individual to join the Development Team. The Development and Special Events Assistant will need to be an individual who can manage numerous projects simultaneously, pays strong attention to details, and is adept with various technologies and working within a database. This individual will assist in developing and executing the annual Development plan in collaboration with the Orphan Outreach development and marketing teams, with an emphasis on supporting the special events and development needs.
Manage the Development needs within the Raiser’s Edge Donor Database:
- Update donor records as necessary (including contact information and pertinent information)
- Analyze weekly donor reports and communicate thank you assignments with the development team
- Pull, analyze and report on donor goals to the development team
- Research existing and potential donors and foundations and work closely with the Grants Manager on submitting the applications
- Mail development and marketing materials as requested
- Maintain archive files of development and marketing materials
- Organize and schedule meetings, flights and hotels for the development and marketing department, including contacting participants
Coordinate and oversee the production of all marketing materials and communications for special events and donor development:
- Create content for all marketing materials needed for special events and donor development, such as emails, invitations, web content, etc.
- Work closely with the marketing team to create a timeline for the completion of all materials and manage the flow of information between marketing and development.
- Oversee the proofing and editing process of all materials distributed through development to ensure accuracy and professionalism.
- Update event timeline on a monthly/weekly/daily basis, as progress and commitments are made and update the VP of Development
Assist in the coordination of all Special Event logistics:
As a member of the special events team, this position will support all Orphan Outreach (OO) special events including the annual Children’s Hope Dinner (CHD) in the spring, WOW fundraising luncheons in Dallas and Houston in December and other OO events.
- Attend all meetings, take and record notes from each WOW/OO special event meetings and send to all meeting participants.
- Handle all communications on WOW/OO and special event meetings.
- Assist the Special Events Manager with event logistics which include: vendor contracts, menu selection, audio visual company, event rentals, booking entertainment, photographer coordination, on-site event support, event data entry, decor, creative aspects, and other event production elements
- Assist in the solicitation of items for the Big Board and Raffle
- Assist the Special Events Manager with invitee lists, RSVP lists and table assignments
- Assist the Special Events Manager with post-event recaps, gift entry, and thank you letters to all vendors and donors
- Participate in church events, CAFO, and other opportunities for engagement
- Performs other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
NOTE: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be a committed Christian; adhere to Christian principles and values.
- Requires in-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge. Bachelor's degree required.
- Ability to organize complex tasks and; effective ability to create plans.
- Proven ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously with a strong attention to detail
- Event planning/coordination experience a benefit
- Must exhibit self-confident behaviors, secure with self and willing to give credit to others.
- Requires ability to speak clearly and be understood in face-to-face interactions; to articulate with accuracy while speaking on the phone.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, return phone calls and communicate in situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with staff, applicants and outside agencies/organizations.
- Requires ability to work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change; ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing and speak in front of groups.
- Requires ability to work under minimal supervision; must be self-motivated and able to motivate others; ability to exercise excellent professional judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Requires ability to successfully work with churches.
- Must speak, read and write English proficiently.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and a completed application form to the Human Resources Manager at:
ORPHAN OUTREACH ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
2001 West Plano Parkway, Suite 3700 Plano, Texas 75075 or by fax to (972) 941-4434 or via email to
Thank you for your interest in Orphan Outreach. If you meet the qualifications for an available position and would like to be part of the ministry at Orphan Outreach, please download the application file and send the completed application to the address shown in the instructions included with the position description.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT:
- The application is completed and signed; and
- You specify in your application the job title and salary range for the position of interest.